Thursday, June 14, 2007

By Ecky Thump! A USB Flash drive Album?

So it's a little less than a week until the White Stripes new release "Icky Thump." I'm still throughly excited and trying to scrape some pennies together. Not sure how I'm going to obtain this album, since at 10 AM I will most likely be at Athens Regional with the Clasky parents and Andy. (He's going in for minor surgery and asked me to come with them.) At some point during the morning, I will probably have to sneak down to Wuxtry's and get myself a much needed copy of what I've been waiting months for. A few days ago though, I recieved my daily White Stripes update by way of their newsletter than I signed up for (they're playing a special show in west Hollywood if anyone wants to fly out there with me and still have the chance of not getting a ticket cuz there's only about 100 for this show), and they've made 3,333 limited edition USB Flash drives of both Jack and Meg. Check 'em out: http://whitestripes.kungfunation.com/. I just thought that was the most off the wall but intresting way to release an album. Very much Jack and Meg's style. The whole album is on there in Apple Lossless format, but the drives work with PCUs and Macs. If someone wants to be LOVED FOREVER they can be awesome and spend $100 on me and get the set. Nah, just kidding, but they would be totally awesome to have and if I had the money to be a die hard collector of White Stripes merch, believe me, I would've already had these preordered.

"ICKY THUMP" IN FIVE DAYS!!!!!!

No comments: