Monday, April 30, 2007

Confusion and the 3rd degree

Today was confusion day. Even the Cheat has been out of it. Right now, I was supposed to be at my Oliveparents'. Well, plans changed and I'm still at home. Tomorrow, I have to be at my Oliveparents because I have a concert that I'm going to. Not quite sure how I'm getting there. I'm feeling odd about this trip. It's been about two months since I've made a trip to Atlanta. Now, it's not that I'm not looking forward to going. Far from it. I've got an awesome day lined up for tomorrow. A fresh full helping of Tori and the Posse in the morning, a drive to Stone Mountain, and I'll top off the day by blowing out my ear drums by Arcade Fire. What could be more exciting? Then Friday, my craving for Thai rice will be fulfilled! Followed by some shopping (I need new black heels and flats) still with Eas, and ended with some of the best Turkish food ever to grace A'retta. I can't wait. Not sure how I'm getting home after my soiree with my ATL gang, but that doesn't matter to me right now. I just know there's no way that I'm skipping out on any of it. Meeting and grocery shopping Wednesday. Saturday/Thursday, I'll fit in a book study. Meeting Sunday. Home next Monday. I'll be with my Oliveparents'. Thing is, I know I haven't been in a while, but I'm having some mixed feelings about this visit. When I was packing last night, I just wasn't into it, and that's not like me. Part of it is, I don't want to leave Andy, which is pretty stupid because 1.) I'm not breaking up with him, 2.) it's natural to miss him, and 3.)we've been apart for a week before. Something about this trip though seems like I'm betraying him. Lately, it's felt like I am living two lives in two different places. There's the one out here and the one there. Somehow, I have to merge them without feeling...poser? wannabe? fake? High school drama. *sigh* I asked for it.

This story has high popularity rankings right now in the real world, so here's exposing it to the blog world. Last Sunday I went to my lost aunt's house and watched Buffy and Howdy Doody while she and her mom worked in the front yard and her dad, Andy, and Biscuit worked in the backyard putting together a playset for the kids. The orgininal plans has been rescheduled from a previous Sunday, so I was unsure if my invitation still stood since I played a less important role in the outworking of the plans. After the meeting, I found out that i was still invited and I asked mom pronto. She asked if the boys were still going to be there. It was right before that time of the month for me, so my temper was shorter than usual. I said, "I don't know," just as my "whatever" answer. Mom says, "You know they're still going over there. You just lied to me." So I was still granted permission to go, but when I got home, my punishment was issued. My keys were going to be taken away from me for a week. I served my time, since I knew it wasn't for that one time. (I with held information from teh previous month and slid by with a talking to and they were a lot worse than just a dsgruntled whatever answer.) It wasn't too bad, and I think it put a cramp more in mom's life than mine because Mehsha and I did things. Still, I served my time and received my keys today. Jeepie and I went to get the oil changed. Better than nothing. I do love driving.

Friday, I went to go see a movie. I was half watching the previews, but still couldn't help but notice how many sequels and "thirds" are coming out this summer. Some, I can't wait to see. Others, I'll go see for necessity's sake. Then there are the ones and you can't imagine who even thought to resurrect the original concept- much less a third time!
I do want to see:

  • Spiderman 3- I liked the first two and I'm sure I won't be disappointed in this one, except it looks gawd-awful long.
  • The Bourne Ultimatum- Oh how long I've waited! All the elements that an action movie needs, plus Matt Damon. I can't wait to see how they top the chase scene from Supremacy.
  • Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End- Finally the second one will make sense! This one you can't resist.

Not too keen on, but will probably see anyway:

  • Shrek the Third- Just because of sequel law, and the fact that I'll probably have to take the kids I babysit
  • Ocean's Thirteen- didn't really love the "Twelfth" one, but Andy wants to, so I'll probably see it with his family

WHY????????????:

  • Rush Hour 3- How old is Jackie Chan? Like 60, right? Come on. You can watch the first two on tbs all the time, why waste your money to see the same movie just in a different setting?
  • Resident Evil 3- OK, I didn't see the first two (obviously), so understandably, I wouldn't want to see a third.

Plain ol' sequels:

  • Evan Almighty- Now, Steve Carell is awesome. This will probably be very funny. I'll most likely see this one.
  • Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer- I'm not into comic book movies. Just Spidey. Didn't see the first one, so same theory goes for this one as resident evil.

All I have to say is I'm going to see a lot more than five movies this year.

2 comments:

Horse N. Buggy said...

So much to say...

First, [I'm having a difficult time phrasing this], if you're still in a position to merit/receive discipline from your parents, are you certain that you're in a position to be thinking of marriage? I know you're not thinking about getting married tomorrow, but you are thinking about it. (I know... mind my own business.)

Second, I'm looking forward to Turkish food. (If I'm still invited after butting my nose in above.)

Third, I didn't really like Spider Man (I hated who they cast as Peter Parker). I literally just saw number 2 last night. It was much better than the first. So I'm now thinking that I will see the 3rd. I hate to see James Franco play a bad guy, but I'd rather that than not see him at all.

Warning, more personal opinion ahead - I didn't see Bruce Almighty, but the concept of a man receiving God's powers just seems so irreverent and disrespectful. I was very put off by the trailer for the original movie that showed Jim Carrey making his live-in girlfriend's boobs bigger. I get physically ill thinking about it.

However, after having said that, I do admit to liking Jackie Chan. (Not that Jackie Chan is irreverent, but plenty of our friends have a problem with martial arts movies - even comedies.) Did I mention that we drove by Jackie's house in Hong Kong? He is getting old, but he still seems like a relatively nice guy.

Anonymous said...

Here here, H'n'B, and a hearty amen to everything you've said.

I liked both SpiderMans but afraid I'm going to be disappointed by the third. I've heard it's overly long. I was definitely put off by Jim Carrey & the trailers for the first one.

I have a theory on why AO was feeling torn before her trip down here. And HnB, did you get an autograph or picture of Jackie Chan? He's funny, but I think Chris Tucker's time may be up.