Monday, April 23, 2007

Librarything

A week or so ago, I was using the "next blog" option, which I have since quit doing because it's a scary world out there. Anyway, so on this one blog, there was a widget on the sidebar linked to a website called Librarything. It's a website where you can create an online catalog of your books. You can add them by using any feature of the book. After starting out by using titles and authors, I quickly realized how easy it was to use the ISBN, and I found out what the heck that was. For me, it's not such a big deal. I only have 117 books (evidently), but others have well over 10,000. You can add up to 200 books for free, and you can join for your lifetime for $25 or yearly for $10. I just thought it was a neat way to show what I own, my favorite authors, favorite childhood books, etc. There's a tags option too. I just love tags. Plus, it has a "recommends" page, which is always a great way to facilitate growth for a collection. It's too bad they don't have one for music. I'd be all over that, but I have a lot more CDs than I have books. So check out my "new feature" on the sidebar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's very cool. I have to play with that.