Thursday, April 12, 2007

Maybe there is hope

Although my taste in country music has been revived from my first grade year, and this has upset at least two of my readers, I'd like for both of them to know that I haven't forgotten my roots. Jules, yours and Smellie's hard work in pointing me in the right direction musically has not been in vain! I still remember the look on your face when you saw "White Blood Cells" in my music collection and all you could say was, "We raised her right." No I haven't forgotten all the fun I had at Yo La Tengo and how totally awesome alternative rock is. My favorite band is still the White Stripes. (My favorite solo artist is Tori Amos, but that upsets Jules too.) And I was VERY excited to find that my "brother-sister" duo *cough*liars*cough* have not disbanded all efforts to bring me my favorite head-banging music and produce a new album! So on June 19th, I'll be in line at BestBuy (or Wuxtry's) raring and ready to get myself a copy of "Icky Thump," and wear it out completely the first week I have it. Right now, all I can wait for is ADP (you just aren't cool if you don't get the abbreviation), but you better believe me, after that I'll be camping out all over again. Yep, definitely can't wait for this one either. And here's the cover art featuring my two favorite pasty freaks:



Also leave comments on the new layout. I'd love to have y'alls imput on what you might like to see. (The feed from everythingtori.com stays, so don't even mention that.)

1 comment:

Alan said...

I like the layout very much, although you made it sound much more new'n'improved than it actually is. It's more 'new features' than 'changed the layout.' I'm going to start adding knick-knacky items, and change a few things I think.