Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Eating myself to death

The Polyglot sent me a txt msg yesterday saying that he was impressed that I was keeping up with the blog. After next week, I'll probably forget about it for a while (more than 3 or 4 days, but not a complete mental loss that I do have one), but a once a week updates I saw as more than fufilling the demands that this blog places upon me.

I'm cold. Very cold. I'm in a long sleeve shirt, sweatpant-type gauchos, and tube socks- very cute
tube socks. They make me smile. The shirt and the tube socks I thought to be pointless when I packed them, but are coming in handy. I feel like I'm getting sick, but it's just the lack of sleep and the stress, as well as the jelly beans I ate. First of all, I'm not too fond of jelly beans, but these are Starburst Jelly beans. That still makes no difference so as to whether I like them or not, it just makes a difference because they aren't jelly belly. They are called fruitscreme and there are four flavors: mixed berries, peaches, orange, and strawberry.
Written much later than 2 PM:
I was popping these jelly beans right and left because when under stress, I eat. Even visibly, without reading the ingredients, I know I'm allergic to these puppies. The colors are purple, pink, orange, and yellow-ish. I'm allergic to red dye and yellow dye (blue as well, but it's not so severe a reaction). Going thru the bag, I'm picking out the purple ones first, since the red dye is mixed with blue. There were not that many purple ones and they were soon gone. The next color that I'm least allergic to would be the pink. My most violent reactions are to yellow dyes and the "lake" dyes. Typical reactions to these dyes include: asthma attacks, itchy throat, sneezing, and puffy-stuffy-fluffy-ness. So I was prepared since I was already weak, running on only 4 hours of sleep, for the severest of reactions. 2 or 3 into the pink colored jelly beans and I could barely breathe, so I read the ingredients. COCONUT OIL! (I'm allergic to coconuts.) When did they start putting that in jelly beans?! Mind you, there were about 2 or 3 other ingredients on the short list that I'm allergic to as well, so I threw the rest away, drank lots of water and hoped that I could refrain from using my inhaler. It worked and I shied away from other allergies for the rest of the day, like ice cream after dinner. Ice cream makes me: puffy-stuffy-fluffy, sneeze, and gives me asthma attacks if I eat too much and occasionally upsets my stomach because I'm allergic to dairy. Thank goodness I had rice for dinner, supplemented with Mandarin chicken, beef-n-broccoli, and this really good eggplant & tofu dish that was so spicy, you would have thought you were eating chicken wings if it weren't for the fact that the dish was full of purple and cream colored food- neither of which were shaped like either type of chicken wing. And I'm thinking of sponsoring a trip to El Nopal sometime soon. They have Mexican rice.

And thanks to those that left suggestions for breakfast. Since I'm at my greenparents, breakfast is different anyways, but I've been having an egg and a slice of toast, accompanied by some of the best black coffee. This though, has convinced me to get my butt over to Target when I get home and buy a toaster (preferably the cute hello kitty one), so that I can toast my own sarah lee cinnimon and brown sugar bread at home. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you did NOT throw away jelly beans!?

I wondered why you were popping them so.

Horse N. Buggy said...

Would that be the same raisin bread you left in my frig? Yum. It's much better than film and batteries for breakfast.