Thursday, June 15, 2006

Librarians: Sweet and Sour

Well, on a very excited note, I've finished some classes for homeschool. Now, tons more to go. Stinks, and I'm moving so slow with French anyways. I'm not as dedicated to it as I would like to be. It is sticking though, so whatever I'm doing, I best keep at it. I decided to take...Journalism. It is what I want to do after all, deep down, but probably not what I end up doing realistically. If somehow I can get into the field without four years of college and a whole bunch of competition for jobs, I'll do it, but that's just my hopes and dreams.

Librarians though. So I have to go to the library to take my exams because I have to have a librarian, vice Principal, or counselor proctor my exams. Indiana is tough on that kind of thing. Yesterday, as everyone that read yesterday's post knows, I took Brit Lit. Today, I took US Hist., which is boring all on its own so just think of how boring this exam is. Two hours of sitting in the library, half way day dreaming through the short answer part and slaping together the last two essays because I fell asleep during the multiple choice. It's a very painful final, but atleast it was Thursday. Every Thursday is far busier than any other day I'm in there, and there are plenty of people to watch. The past three exams I've taken, no one was in the area with me. During yesterday's, a weird mechanic-type guy came in and was laboriously taking notes on something that he had brought into the area with him. Today, first was an elderly woman looking at census reports, then an OCD guy that was making a rucous with his papers. There are other desks to sit at in the library, why do you have to come into my area and distrub me while I'm trying to make an A on this test? Honestly, do I look like someone who wouldn't mind? Just come in, sit at my table, distract me with all of your rustle. There's an obvious reason why I sit in that area. No one usually bothers me. What's wrong with these people. The old woman was fine; those two guys- not fine. There are three young blonde girls that are always there. One I think works there, the other two act more like volunteers. But the one that works there was dealing with this lady from Bogart. She was complaining that they didn't have any of the books on the list that her daughter needed. This woman was very upset and the way she was treating this young librarian, who was being nothing but sweet to her, just let me tell ya, if I hadn't been taking that exam, I would've been walking over there and decking this woman in the face. She had already been hit with the ugly stick. A fist to the face wouldn't have made any difference. She was mad that they didn't have any books and that the books the school was making her daughter read were too easy. OK, lady, the librarian can't do anything about that. I'm gonna call the librarian Anna. She looks like an Anna. So, yeah Anna can't do anything about what your school does. The lady, I'm gonna call her Butthead, was ranting about how she hates the library and that she only comes once and year and how she can't belive that they never have any of the books. When Anna started working with Butthead, Butthead found out that she wasn't looking in the right place for a lot of her books and also Butthead had no idea about holds. She didn't understand either that she could've saved Anna 20 minutes and not get her temper up by conducting all of this at home by using the library's website. Oh Butthead made me so angry, and Anna was so sweet. After Butthead left, she started talking to the other librarians, the one with the British accent and the one that looks (and acts) like a thin Paula Deen, and was saying how she just wanted to slap the lady and tell her to go to Borders and she can pay for her books, and it was a test of her paitence. She's better than I am. Anna continued to help her and everything. It didn't help that was in a bad mood there since I didn't want to be taking that exam and Butthead just made it worse.

So...I can also use a blog for venting. C'est super!

6 comments:

Alan said...

C'est tres bien!!!

(also I do not speak French)

Anonymous said...

changing rapidly and not to our beds, ODonnell told the Chicago Woodrow Wilson, FDR and Ronald Reagan already insured will see a modest drop that she had been dead for several days

Horse N. Buggy said...

Is that comment spam or does anyone else get that reference?

Alan said...

that comment is definitely spam. I tried clicking on that "blogger" link and it went to some sales web page that was down or something...

Gina said...

Nope. Ayesha and I both went to Georgia Southern for Girls State.

Curtis said...

Hey Megs. Check out my blog.