Wednesday, June 14, 2006

"Hook," line, and exams

It wasn't until this past week that I realized that there were people out there reading my blog. Nice people. People I like. And then there's this other one that screamed in ALL CAPS at me this morning to update. She's not in the nice category...I'm kidding horse n.buggy, and I hope this INSANELY boring and banal post will appease your want for updates.

So this I would have to call my first official post back in the other O.C. because the last one is going to be a monthly thing and the other two were at my Greenparent's house, since I was evicted for that week. Last week, Marry Me went camping with far off family at the lake. I babysat for 24 hours. Had a demonstration on the meeting. Nothing has been going on worth posting about. Drama with Jammies is over. (But I feel it appropriate to give him a nickname since he'll probably be making frequent appearances.) We can be civilized friends now that he has a "girlfriend," which hasn't been confirmed but he's going down to West Palm next week and then she's coming back the week after that. The "she" is also brining another girl with her that Jammies would like for me to set up with one of my friends. Still don't know if I feel comfortable doing that. I wanted to be friends with him from the beginning, and now I can since I don't have to worry about the creepiness of a guy 9 years my senior wanting to get to know me for other reasons. And I wasn't dreaming this up. Everyone was saying something about it. Now, after 6 months, it's all over...thank goodness. Convention hopped on Sunday, which was a milestone in its own right. See, I haven't had my license for long. June 21st makes two months and I have an insanely over protective mother, but I understand her plea since there are some horrible drivers out there (i.e.- my aunts). Mom got flustered and told dad to make the decision and my dad, who doesn't give a flying flip what I do, just tells me to gas up the Jeep, leave by 7:30, and make a few phone calls home to mom. The trip is an a little less than an hour each way and mom hasn't even let me go much further than 20 minutes, much less drive on a highway type road without her. My sister, Marry Me, and I left on time and had a smashing day and visited with awesome people. When we got home, we found out we could have gone to dinner with our brothers, but it was too late and all I did was come home and sleep for 14/15 hours, since I hadn't had but 3 hours of sleep since Friday night. It was best that we didn't go to dinner because if I had hit the couch at their house, I would have been there for 14/15 hours... asleep. This week has been full of studying for exams. I take some today and some tomorrow. There's nothing I would rather NOT being doing more right now. Procrastination is what I do best, so I'm watching Hook (best Peter Pan movie in my opinion) with Marry Me and Contessa, listening to Johnathan Rice (who is in close running to making it to next month's Affie's Music Wednesday), and updating bloggie. Today's exam is Brit Lit, so it's not like I need to study. Plus the exam is open book, but I might as well go look over it just to be sure.

6 comments:

Alan said...

Listening to JRice thanks to...

Affable Olive said...

Thanks to you, and I still am now. I can't quite believe that you gave it to me just like that.

Alan said...

It's a burned copy. I spent an exorbitant amount of money on an MP3 player so i didn't HAVE to rely on CDs. Remember? If not, see the last 7 comments on my most recent post.

Horse N. Buggy said...

If you're going to do illegal things, don't comment or post about them...

Anonymous said...

well know that you're on the road, I'm not so horrible!

Anonymous said...

correction:

well, NOW that you're on the road, I'm not so horrible.