Thursday, June 01, 2006

Pick and choose

I meant to include this in my first post, but forgot to. Scenario: With Indiania University High School, I was required to get four more credits in English/Language Arts. Problem: I want to take more than that. I've already taken English Literature (First Semester), thus meaning I have to take the second semester of that course, and decided that I wanted to take the Five Novels of Change Course. That one I'm really looking forward to. They have you reading Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, The Catcher in the Rye, The Old Man and the Sea, Slaughterhouse-Five, and A Lesson Before Dying. That makes three. I need some help in choosing the last one. Ultimately, it will, of course, be my decision, but I would like some imput. It's between: Journalism, Creative Writing: Fiction, and Advanced Composition. Please cast your vote for one of the three. It would be much appreciated.

5 comments:

Affable Olive said...

I've had two votes cast on the side. One for journalism and one for the creative writing:fiction.

Gina said...

I, of course, will vote for creative writing: Fiction, but then that would mean you could be better than I am. Hmmm... LOL No, I kid. Fiction seems like it would be more fun.

Affable Olive said...

My mooching friend, very literary herself, suggested either journalism or advanced composition.

Gina said...

Okay, here are the specs.

I am writing (yet another) new version of SWAD. This one I decided I wanted to split into three parts, entitling them after different phases of a storm. The clouds brewing, the light sprinkle and then the huge storm/tempest. So I can put them on the separation pages.

I have a poem for the tempest, so the other two are still open. I would like somethign fairly descriptive, to create an aura--set the mood for the part of the book. I'll show you what Shreezee gave me; it was exactly what I was looking for.

The clouds ate up the sky
The darkness had come quickly for the town
And the rain made all anxious
For it poured hastily down

Sunlight was gone with the sky
We were all watching, waiting
Crashes of thunder were coming like rockets
Waking all the dirt that was sitting

The hail clanked the tin roof
We wondered when it would break
Or would it fly off first in the screaming wind?
I couldn't tell if this wasn't real, some fake

It came harder, more screams from the wind
It was in some agony, trying to find some relief
Oh, how horrid was that painful sound
That shook my soul of every belief

I was scared.

Something like that. It's just something I'm trying, but give me your best. :-D

Horse N. Buggy said...

Journalism is my choice, but that's only cuz I wish I had pursued that as a career.