Tuesday, July 11, 2006

...Chinese food is good take out

With there being over 3,000 languages in the world, I think I have finally reached a decision. I'm going to do Chinese. I may discuss it with EaselWeaselBeezit and see if she wants to join me in this venture since she is among the number of my friends leaving me in the other O.C. all alone next March to go to China. I feel so left out...I'll be lonely then. By that time, I'll be 18, hopefully graduated or very close. Maybe I'll plan my own trip somewhere else to get my mind off the fact that my two best friends (who have the same birthdate and were born in the same hospital, just two years apart--CREEPY!) are in China without me. Thing is though, I'll start this year learning the language, but will not be able to help the congregation for a year probably. Of course, once I get to where I understand, I'll go, but will not be able to switch. My first priority is pioneering, and I'm not switching over until the first year that we work all of our territory here in the other O.C. (I'm sure all of this is making total sense to my school friends. If you have any questions, just e-mail me and I'll be happy to explain.) I'm pretty sure Chinese is what I want to do. All morning I had these Mandarin news casts on. So I didn't understand, but I haven't heard constant Chinese since I was in Chinatown New York City in 2000-and that's been a while. Just wanted to make sure I could stand the sound of it because I know it's going to be an awful lot of hard work and I want to like what I'm doing. After looking at all this Chinese stuff this morning, I'm pretty sure I'll be happy with my choice. Just wanted to let you all know, especially someone who has been harassing me to get motivated since January, but I know it was all for the best. See now, I've picked something that I like better than what I wanted to do originally, and I had wanted to do that for a year and a half.

In other news, I nuked a bagel for breakfast, beans and RICE! for lunch, and I'm sure I'll delight in cooking my dinner in the microwave as well. We're best friends. Hear that you guys? I won't need you next March. The Maytag will keep me company. We'll microwave and I'll gain 10 lbs. while y'all are gone. It'll do wonders with El Nopal leftovers.

Also, I got two more classes today. Mom brought the box to me and I squealed with joy. She said that she had never seen anyone so happy to get school books and I had to remind her that I was the one that looked forward to starting school, not just for the new supplies either. I loved school- just going to high school. I got the Five Novels of Change class that I wanted, and I think all five of those books are on THE LIST!, and I also got Precalculus first semester. I'm not as excited about math naturally, but it looks easier than I thought it was going to be. Thank you Mrs. Keeney! So summer school...yeah. I can't wait to finish.

7 comments:

Alan said...

Yippee for the new language

Horse N. Buggy said...

You can come over to watch Firefly any time you want to learn Chinese cuss words.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Aff! We could get together and watch a Chinese subtitled movie. Although, we will need to be selective with the movie and company. Last time we did GSAM with a Chinese movie it turned into "Mystery Science Theater." Although it was quite entertaining!

Anonymous said...

RUSSIAN IS BETTER!!!

Affable Olive said...

A movie! Just tell me when. Late July into August would be better, if you two are serious. Auntie and Cousin #1 would enjoy that. And Mehsha, shut up.

Anonymous said...

I'll come if you promise we get to do "Mystery Science Theater" at least part of the time...



ps: I need a better name. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»