Monday, July 17, 2006

Hello from HnB

Hello, this is your guest poster, Horse N. Buggy. I'll be keeping you entertained while your regular poster, Affable Olive, is off frolicking in the sun. I was hired on a temporary basis to update a link on the side of this here blog. But since our dear Affie can't figure out how to make me an Admin, I'll have to make do with being a simple contributor. I had no intentions of taking advantage of my contributor status, but find that I just can't help myself. (Maybe I shouldn't have watched "Hackers" last night.)

So, what should we talk about? Hmm... Affie likes to talk about hipster music. So perhaps I should present the other side of the coin.

Welcome to Horse N. Buggy's Bourgeois Music Monday.

You should really check out the sounds of a great band...Air Supply. Can you say "couple's skate?" (Shut up. I know I never actually skated during one of those, but I can still say it!) From the smooth sounds of "Lost in Love" to the heart-rending "Here I Am," Air Supply songs will fill you with emotion like no other. Proving that not all men need to sing like Barry White, Air Supply made legions of female fans weak in the knees with songs like "Every Woman in the World." If you don't believe me, buy the Greatest Hits album and tell me you don't get weepy over "Making Love Out of Nothing At All."

Pour forth those Air Supply memories in the comments, ladies...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant post! Couples skate! memories...You probably should link to Barry White as well since I doubt the under 30 crowd knows who he is.

Affable Olive said...

Post about the Turks! This is fun. I KNOW who these people are, but of course I have the coolest aunt ever! Though I don't have any memories to skating except...

Horse N. Buggy said...

Who are the Turks? Real Turkish people? I know two of them. And let me tell you, they're both bee-you-ti-full. Or digging even deeper into 80's lore, could you be asking for a post about Turk 182? Surely, you're too young to know that reference...

Anonymous said...

"Making love out of nothing at all"...


I had that on a mix tape. (or two)


Jules, anyone who has ever watched Ally McBeal knows who Barry White is. ;-)

Alan said...

I was born on the same birthday as Mr. White himself.

Horse N. Buggy said...

Dude, you look good for your age...

Horse N. Buggy said...

I just read the Turks comment. Yes, in my experience, all Turks are surprisingly attractive. Either that, or they just don't let the ugly ones out of the country. "No. You too ugly to travel. You must stay home and live with your mother as her punishment for bearing such an ugly human."

Anonymous said...

Hi HnB!

I love Air Supply!

I "starred" in a home video at age 6 wherein I danced with my sister (10 years old) & my aunt (only 8 years old...yes we have a mixed up family tree) to "Even the Nights Are Better".

It is evident I watched far too much Solid Gold at age 6. Where? I'm not sure, since we didn't own a TV most of my formative years but somewhere I was greatly impacted by those crazy Solid Golid dancers...

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»