Thursday, July 13, 2006

Poser Music Wednesday on a Thursday

This post isn't as poser as it parades on to be because it's just one song I'm plugging, not a whole album. I don't know how many of you know Ben Folds Five/Ben Folds, but they/he has always wowed me. "Piano pop" is one of my favorite genres for music, for obvious reasons. Ben Folds is very talented as far as playing the piano and it's so upbeat it's irresistible. I've owned various songs by the band for years, off and on because I'm really good at losing mix CDs. For a while there, it was my hobby because I was leaving them in various computers in different computer labs around the school. I can just imagine the surprise for those teachers to find White Stripes and Dandy Warhol mixes in random computers. On Wednesday, I did my first batch of downloading songs in anticipation for my MP3 player, which I should be able to acquire by late August or early September. In among these songs, I picked out "Landed" by Ben Folds off the Songs for Silverman album. (It comes in edited too.) It's been over a year since I first heard this song, but I'm still in love with it. When I first heard it, I can remember being in my room, doing math homework, and when I heard it...I knew this song was going to be one of my all time favorites. Every time it would come on, I would blast it. 99X only played it for a few months though and I was too shy to call in at five for their requests hour to hear it. Now, it's finally in my possession and it's been on repeat for almost 24 hours. It's not so much the lyrics that got me, but the piano. It's so...yummy! Thing is, it sounds like my favorite James Taylor song, "Fire and Rain" and it also reminds me of the Cheers theme song. Neither of those things are going to stop me from loving it. As far as I'm concerned, they make me love the song more. All you readers take the four and a half minutes to listen to it. If I could play like Ben Folds...well, I wouldn't be taking lessons and I'd be making money playing the piano. He's just great.

Now that I'm on the subject of music, I'd like to share something. I've been listening to a song that I'm actually embarrassed to admit that I like, and I still listen to the self titled N*SYNC album occasionally. Only naturally, this is FAR worse. It's the epitome of pop culture songs, and I like it. I'm not even going to say the name since I just might throw up if I say it out loud, just click this link here. I know, I know...but it reminds me of the Blondie song "Tide is High," and that's the ONLY reason I can think of that would attract me to this heiress' song, since I can't stand her, but I LOVE Blondie. "Heat of Glass" is classic 80s all the way. More specifically, there's a certain remix of the song that I took a shine to at WalMart.com (blows chunks for saying WalMart), so I downloaded it. It's the Luny Tunes remix featuring some Spanish speaking dudes. It's slowed down a little bit and has a more rap--excuse me, "hip-hop" beat to it, and it's not bad at all. Wooh, now that's off my chest lets move on to the next post.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

isn't there a bolt of lighting with her name on it somewhere? anywhere?

Alan said...

That's horrible. Although I have fond memories of watching a "Simple Life," marathon at A very good friend's house before his wedding

Anonymous said...

Love, love Ben Folds. Saw the 'Five' live at The Tabernacle a few years ago.