Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Bottle Caps and Peppermint Wrappers

I was so tired after riding with Deborah Clasky this afternoon in service. String-bean Andy was about to tell her to pull over so that he could drive. It was all I could do to keep from throwing up after the first 30 minutes. Fought with the left van door today. Andy was saying jokingly that I spend too much time with his mother (Deborah Clasky) because she seems to be rubbing off on me. It did make for quite the relaxing and reinvigorating 2 hour nap though.

Funny story from afternoon service. I met back at 12 and went out in the afternoon with Biscuit, Andy, Deborah, and another sister and her mom. Biscuit, Andy, and I tend to carry on our own separate conversation from the other three van riders. Andy went to a Bible study with a brother in our hall earlier that morning. He said that in a slightly randomN way, the brother brings up Jammies, who is Andy's older brother. With little segway, he says, "When Affie moved in, I had it all worked out in my mind. She was going to fall in love with Jammies, they were going to date and get married. I had it all worked out. She was perfect." HAHA! OK, there's a lot that most of my readers don't know about this situation, but the moment I moved in, he was moving in on me. Freakiest part about it, he's 9 years my senior, and I'm a minor. That wasn't stopping him at all. It's a sticky situation and now that he has a girlfriend (Feather), people have been coming up to me telling me I'm off the hook. One of the younger married sisters in my hall came up to me when Feather was visiting a few months back and says, "When you moved in, it was like the fresh meat radar went up and he was ready for the kill. You're off the hook now!" Mind you, I spent a lot of time in service with him, but that was never my doing. We did one social activity a piece with each other, and that was too much. Andy and Biscuit actually started forming a wall around me at the meetings back in April or May. He's still a little creepy around me though...NEXT SUBJECT!

The Cheat is about to get fixed the old fashioned way. I'm cutting it ALL OFF. He's peed on my bed 4 times this month. When in a frenzy to get to service on time, you don't have a spare 10 minutes to take off a feather comforter, 2 sheets, and a mattress cover, which is why I was late this morning, not counting the cop on Loop 10 with his radar gun out. I was doing the speed limit. Was anyone else? NO! It's 55 and you can legally go 60 without getting pulled over since it's an urban interstate. Everyone else was doing 70 and drastically slowed down to 45. That left me with no choice but to slow down or rear end someone. It was mom's SUV and I was already late for service. There was no question. That whole bunch of crap just frustrates me that they have to slow down SO much. Anyway, on to what I promised.


You Are Bert
Extremely serious and a little eccentric, people find you lovable - even if you don't love them!
You are usually feeling: Logical - you rarely let your emotions rule you
You are famous for: Being smart, a total neat freak, and maybe just a little evil
How you life your life: With passion, even if your odd passions (like bottle caps and pigeons) are baffling to others

The Sesame Street Personality Quiz


That's what I got whatever day it was that I took the Sesame Street Personality Quiz. H'n'B proceeds to make a comment to see more posts about pigeons and my bottle cap collection. I'm allergic to pigeons (and there aren't that many out here, surprisingly), though we did have a quail for a little while back at the old house...among other odd birds (i.e.- Hawk, Crow- aka Edgar Allan Crowe, etc.). The hawk is actually a funny story for another time, and if you know my father, you KNOW it's a funny story. Now that I think about it, the crow is funny too. Dad was dead serious about training him to be a house pet when he brought him home, but back to what I was saying. Bottle caps are actually something I was collecting for a while. Of course I collect some normal things like books, CDs, clothes, purses, shoes, old magazines, photographs but I also have eclectic collections of other items like PENS OF ALL KIND!!!! This passion was recognized in the 7th grade when I realized I had about 20 more writing utensils in my backpack than everyone else, and there were lots of pretty colors. If you come in my room, I have them in another one of my collections. Plastic restaurant cups. I have one that has a chain of restaurants on it in Myrtle Beach, a few Relay for Life ones, one from Brookgreen Gardens, etc. Another obsession from when I was little: Hello Kitty. That probably has to do somewhat with my Peter Pan complex that I never grew out collecting Sanrio stuff. My current favorite is Charmmy Kitty , but she's in close running with Deery Lou (trust me, he's very cute and is much cuter on the front of my meeting notebook). So I collect some off the wall things, oh and T.G.I.Friday's peppermint wrappers. Ya know, the ones that you get on the way out of the door because you know your breath smells so bad from eating those onions on your Jack Daniels burger. They have the funniest saying on the back of the wrappers. 2 of my personal favs are, "Your friends will thank you for this," and "Remember, you're not alone." I've got 7 or 8 of them. As Mehsha said, I wouldn't be able to find most of my collection. She's right because she took it. After all, isn't that her job as a little sister? *smiles deviously while plotting revenge on her Russian dictionary* I was able to find "2." It's actually 3, but 2 are the same. The 2 that are the same are my "Smirnoff ICE" blinky bottle caps. They are actually pins that I got from Taco Mac when that was the beer of the night. There are batteries on the back and it powers a blinky red light on the front with the "Smirnoff ICE" label. OK, those two are close to my favs. My favorite one, I don't have any more. I bought a Mexican "Coke" in a glass bottle in Camden, SC and it didn't look different, but the Coke tasted GREAT, so I kept the bottle cap. That one was probably the first, since I remember getting that one a looong time ago. The other one I found was a "Cutolo Rionero" water one. It's Italian bottled water and there's a very ornate water fountain on it in green. There were more, but I assume they have been scattered. Precal is menacingly calling my name and I'm over due for finishing the first lesson, so I'm out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First!

woohoo!!!

Horse N. Buggy said...

Um, if you consider "3" to be a collection, then I collect blogs.

Affable Olive said...

I HAD more than "3." I only related about 3. There was a Dr. Pepper one, Miller Genuine Draft, Corona, etc...I had about 20 something. Should I have included that?

Horse N. Buggy said...

No, I just think it's funny that I have 3 blogs.