Monday, August 07, 2006

Job Perks

It may not be The Office, but it pays well enough for as little as I work and how little expenses I incur monthly (except for those texting charges). It's babysitting, so it's no big deal. All I do is pick her up from school and sit with her for about six hours a week, it's just solid days now with a flat pay. Since I've never tried out the list button on my blog window, I'm gonna click it and see where we go from there.

PROS:

  • Free food. There's never a lack for junk food at their house. What more could you want besides...
  • Free cable. Contessa has more channels than I do, and that's a lot of channels.
  • That's where my most recent cat lives now, and she still loves me. Doesn't everyone remember Kitty? AKA- Tiger-Lilly fandango-smeller samurai "kitty." Just rolls off the tounge, don't it?
  • I get along with Contessa, who may become the Burger Queen or Chicken Nuget and she's so easy to watch. She fits in well with the family.
  • In two months (including this one), I'll have enough money for my very own MP3 player.

CONS:

  • The deal is for Mondays and Fridays. Mondays are fine. That's not my service day and I don't have a massive school subject scheduled for that day. Fridays though...that puts a cramp in any chance of Mehsha and I getting to GSAM once a month and Friday is my well established service day.
  • Contessa knows it well, and expressed it outward today. She can't sit still for longer than 5 minutes. That'll put a cramp in my studying while I'm watching her.

I get paid well for as little as I do, but if this interferes with getting to GSAM once a month, something might have to change. Gas prices are now a clincher in getting up there as well. GSAM is enjoyable and I don't get to go often in the first place. We'll see how this works out. The steady income is an attractive lure, but Good Soup is an enriching experience.

11 comments:

Horse N. Buggy said...

Very glad I can enrich your life.

Affable Olive said...

It's a cultural experince.

Anonymous said...

How long and at what time of day do you watch her on Fridays?

GSAM is an evening thing, so it shouldn't interfere too much, right?

Speaking of which - if you and Mesha want someplace to stay instead of heading back to the OC after the next Good Soup you attend - feel free to ask.

Anonymous said...

ah well, you can suck it up for the mp3 player I'm sure.

You should host the Other OC version of GSAM one Saturday. What's the culinary delight of the OC? Oppossum?

Affable Olive said...

GSAM starts around 6:30, but I don't like driving straight there because I'm still not completely comfortable driving there because I don't know the roads as well as I want to. That means I like to end up at someone else's house first.

Babysitting starts at 2:30 and can run to 4:30 or 6. It takes an hr. and 15 to get to GSAM.

No BBQ is the culinary delight. We'd eat at Fresh Air BBQ in Bogart and watch something like "Benchwarmers" if you went by my friends out here. I make an effort to go to GSAM to keep myself from sounding too country. I saw 22 deer yesterday. No joke. When I yelled "Look at that deer!" It sounded like, "Luukerthere deer!" I think I need to get out of this county sometimes. I'm not up for the movies that my peeps out here would want to rent and see. I'd have to take a drammimine to keep from getting sick.

Thanks so much cuz #1 for the offer. I'll keep it in mind next time it's just me and Mehsha. Last time we stayed at H'n'B's townhouse and slept on the sweet futon. Mom feels better if we don't drive in the dark.

Horse N. Buggy said...

Plan on coming in (a little less than) two weeks. On the 18th, I want to watch the edited version of "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." That's definitely *not* an O.C. kind of movie - you'll love it. (Though Mehsha and I Dunno may be a little lost.) On 9/1, I'm going to be out of town, so you better *NOT* do O.C. GSAM then. I want to come.

Affable Olive said...

Marking it down on my calendar. I may be able to get it off from work...though I already may have to take off 9/1 since I told Jammies I'd go with he and Feather to Six Flags. I'll do the other OC version of GSAM after Sept. We should have some housing direction by then.

Anonymous said...

"Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind."

I like that movie.

Though I sorta felt like I was still at work when I was watching it.

Anonymous said...

"
You should host the Other OC version of GSAM one Saturday. What's the culinary delight of the OC? Oppossum? "


HOW RUDE...we dont eat Oppossum EWWW...We eat squirrl's :P

Anonymous said...

watch out...the squirrels will be chewing on your toes tonight when they find out what you've said.

btw, diggin' the links.

Anonymous said...

AO, can you help mehsha set her blog to allow non-blogger comments??