Monday, August 21, 2006

Weekend Update

Even still more job perks. Contessa's dad just got a new computer and they have high speed so I don't have to leave this glorious privledge behind when I up and go to "work" anymore. Now I can be just like P. June and Poly. Sit at the computer during work. And the sweet thing is it's positioned so that all I have to do is turn around and I can see the couch and... TADA! there she is. It was also more than nice what he did for me Friday. He understood completely when I asked to get off by 3:30 on Friday for a much needed weekend away from problems 1-5. He did even better than 3:30. I only had to watch Contessa for 15 minutes and then he was there to get her, which was better than I thought because it took over 2 hours to get to GSAM this past Friday. Traffic is a foreign idea to me now, but there is plenty of it once you get past the little city of Duluth! From Abbots Bridge all the way to Haynes Bridge was traffic and stop lights as far as the eye could see. Despite the tiring traffic that dominated Friday, the whole weekend turned out great, but of course, I was insanely goobly from the chocolate chip oatmeal cookies that I ate too many of. The movie is now one of my favorites. The GSAM group watched "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind." I LOVED it for so many reasons. I'd like to get my own edited copy. (Aww, this brings back memories...there's a cat in my lap. My cat.) Saturday was a treat except for the ride home to the other O.C. and the car sickness that was making calls and trying to read the Bible in the morning. We (Polyglot, I Dunno, Mehsha, and I) watched another good movie. "When A Stranger Calls." All in all, I was more than satisfied with what I took part in this weekend.

I would also like to say thanks to all that read the "blank post" and thanks for those who have offered help and support. I just needed to get it all down. Just to let y'all know, this week is off to a slow, but better start. Thanks so much.

4 comments:

Elizabeth Escalante said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. I started to call you Sunday afternoon and see if you and Mehsha were still around... but I figured you were probably long gone before I thought of it.

Guess I was wrong. Next time you'll have to come by the house and hug Otto before you head back to the OC.

Anonymous said...

aww...your little kitty misses you!

Anonymous said...

AO, Easel needs to blog. Then I'd know where to shop. :-) I imagine her blog would be very entertaining!

Affable Olive said...

Ah yes, who's who and where to shop in ATL. Easel's blog WOULD be very entertaining, but she wouldn't keep up with it worth a flip. She's not much of an internet person